Tuesday, June 24, 2008

WinXP Acer Recovery Tool

For a long time I'm using some Linux PC's, but my girlfriend has Acer Travelmate laptop with a Windows XP. You know that this operation system need to be reinstalled after 1-1.5 years of use. And last evening I've done it with my girlfiend's laptop. I've made some investigations and have found an easy way to do this: just press Alt+F10 when boot up your laptop and you will enter into Acer recovery console where you can make a fresh Windows XP install without any problem. It loads all the data from an hidden hdd partition, and there no need for any Windows installation CD. After 15 minutes you have a laptop with a fresh WinXP, with all required drivers and software, all configured for this laptop and so on, like it was just bought. It'd saved me much time.
I think it's a useful cooperation of software developers and hardware producer.

No comments: